Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Let Her Heart Rest

Wednesday May 22, 2013

Well, Mom is home.  She and Dad stepped in the door yesterday morning.  There were no other episodes with her heart and no reoccurance of arythmia.

To be cautious, the cardiologist has recommended that we postpone Mom's brain surgery until next week.

Her heart needs rest.

This is completely understandable, although we were anxious to get as much of the poison out of her brain as possible - as soon as possible.  We, Mom especially, have been awaiting Friday's surgery for three weeks, preparing both physically and emotionally.

But you just can't mess with the heart.

So, we will wait, and she will rest.

I have a correction to my last post as well.  The MRI that she will have just prior to surgery will take place in Novi, where she is having her brain surgery.  I was mistaken when I wrote that she would have the MRI locally, and then have to drive to Novi for surgery.  My apologies.

So, we don't have a definite day or time of the surgery at this point.  Dad was going to call and set that up.

When she got home, he said she was a little "wobbly" and "light headed", which I suppose is to be expected.

I talked with her on the phone for a few (I was on speaker), and she sounded SO much better!  Chipper and happy to be home.  This was all good to me.

Tomorrow, I will be bringing some meals over that were made by some of my friends (and friends of Dad & Di) that will feed them while she is recovering.  Every little bit helps to lighten the load on Dad or friends who are caretaking while she is in recovery at home.  I am incredibly thankful to all of my/our friends and family for their support, prayers and meals.  My heart aches as I think of the long journey we have yet to endure - and I want to do everything for them. 

But I can't.

And it's amazing to me how people - families, friends, acquaintances, communities - pull together to support one another.

So, let's keep it up!  Thank you again, and I'll let you all know when her surgery is next scheduled for and we'll continue to pray that she stays healthy and stable enough to get there this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!