Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Didn't I Earn Some Money Today?!

Wednesday June 13, 2012

Hannah's on a "I'll do all my chores, plus a few extra, and then I'll get paid a TON of money" kick.

So, today she did her regular chores: she made her bed, and her sister's bed, she cleaned her room, put her dirty laundry in the hamper, cleaned up her toys in the living room and helped me with a few things.

Obviously I haven't taught her the difference between everyday "expected" chores (that you don't get paid for) and the extra ones that you do get paid for.

Nonetheless, I had agreed to pay her what I could for her efforts.

As I looked around while on her "tour of chores", I noticed that she did an pretty good job!

Her and her sister's beds were nicely made.

Her room had nothing on the floor - (everything was shoved under their beds).

Her laundry was properly placed in the hamper - (including clean clothes from her many daily wardrobe changes.  I guess she didn't feel inspired to hang them back up).

The living room was picked up - everything seemed to be where it belonged.

And she did do a great job helping me with a few things today.

So, just before bed, she says to me, "Mommy, are you ever going to pay me for doing my chores today?"

I tried to explain the difference between the chores we need to do everyday and not get paid for, and the extra chores we do to earn money...  It was NOT the right moment.

So, I dug into my wallet and pulled out 3 dollars.

When I handed them to her, I explained that I knew it wasn't much, but it was the perfect amount for a 6 year old that did such a great job with her chores today.

I was told I "was the best mommy ever."

I told her that she earned the money and she should be proud of herself for doing good things that day.

She then went on to say (picture one side of her mouth slightly cocked, eyes on me, shoulders shrugged, slightly talking through her teeth), "I mean, I asked for one or five or ten.  Three wasn't really an option, but it's JUST perfect!  It really makes you the best Mom EVER!"

I busted out laughing!

5 minutes later, Ava comes running out of her bedroom and exclaims, "Mommy!  Hannah gave me a dollar!!"

"WOW!" I said.  "That's a lot of money!"

She said, "I know! I have the best sissy EVA"!

Hannah walks up & says, "Mom, I know I did all the work today, but when I was counting all of my money Ava got sad that she didn't have as much as me.  I felt bad for her and didn't want her to feel lonely at all, so I gave her a dollar so she wouldn't be lonely."

Sheesh!

So, I guess I'm the best Mommy ever, and my girls are the best sissies ever - and I already know I have the best daughters ever.

Yes, they both earned some money today.

And they totally won my heart... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!