Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Mommy! There's POOP in the bathtub!"

Yes, I said it... POOP.

My 221/2 month old has been constipated.  She's cutting molars.  She doesn't get the runny teething poo - she gets all blocked up.

I've tried apples, fiber bars (borderline mean-mommy), citrus, you name it.  So, I started using Epsom Salt baths.

SUCCESS!

While Ava is on the "Epsom Treatment", she can't have baths with her big sister. 

Tonight, I wasn't paying attention.  Hannah decided that baby sister was having a bath, so she should too!

When I realized Hannah was in the bath with Ava, I told Hannah about the "Epson Treatment".  She didn't care - I don't think she quite realized what could happen...

20 minutes later, Hannah comes running out of the bathroom screaming, "Mommy!  There's Poop in the bathtub!!"

After I stopped laughing, it hit me.  What about the bath toys?  Ava's still in that water! Eeeewwwww!

Hannah told me she saw her sissy "grunting" a little so she got out.  "And sure enough, Mommy, she pooped!"

So, after I got the toys out (there were only 2) and put aside to clean (NOT a fun job), I pulled Ava out and bleached the tub.  Then I put her back in and washed her up good.  She was flying high as a kite!  Her belly must have felt like brand new!!

I got Hannah back in the tub and washed her up and finished our bedtime routine.

My week wasn't complete without POOP in the bathtub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!