Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lonely (94/366)

So this JUST happened... and I had to write it down and share it.

Ava's in the tub and she ready to get out.  So I go over, wash her up and wrap her in the bath towel. 

She says, "Pick me up".  I love cradling a freshly washed baby.

As we're leaving the bathroom to go to her bedroom for jammies, I say, "I just love my baby girl.  Are you my baby girl?"

She says, "Yes - with a big cheesy grin."

Then she proceeds with, "Mommy, when I was on the vroom vroom (quad), I was far away from home.  I was far away.  Far, far away."

As we sit on her bed, me still cradling her, I respond with, "Yes, you were, but I was right here waiting for you to get home!"

Her comback, "I know Mommy. You never weave (leave) me. But when I was on the vroom vroom I was far, far away and I was wonewy (lonely)."

She has the most serious look in her eyes, but I know she is making this up as she goes.

I looked at her and we both busted out laughing!!!  I told her she was such a goof, to which she replied, "I am not a goof, Mama! I am Ava Gracie!"

To which I replied with how so very much I love her.

Oh my gosh.  She stole my heart again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!