Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baby Steps (13/365)

Today was FULL of baby steps.

First of all, my baby nephew who is just over 10 months old is WALKING!!!


This is Levi with his Daddy (my baby brother).

My oldest Hannah was walking by 9 months, and speaking sentences by 12 months.  It was amazing, so I know how proud they are of their little man (and so is Auntie)!

The next baby steps that I experienced today was the exhilaration of working out again!  It's been (shame shame) since April of last year that I've really worked out.  I played in 2 softball leagues last summer, but that was the only exercise I got.

So, today I spent an hour with Bob Harper in my living room.  Let me tell you... this is one of the workout DVD's that I've had for over a year and have never used.  WHOA! What an amazing workout!  It felt soooo good! I actually can't wait to get up tomorrow and reintroduce myself to my treadmill.

Every time I think about how hard I worked last year to lose the 35 pounds I did, I get down on myself thinking that if I had never quit working out, I'd be to my goal weight by now.  But every time I do that, I turn my thoughts around and tell myself that I'm doing it now, and I can't take back time.

I have a couple of friends holding me accountable. We're going to tag-team the workouts and encourage each other to keep going.  It feels so good to know that I have support and positive thinkers around me - - the days will come that I don't feel like working out, or I stayed up too late and don't want to get up early to get going... excuses excuses!!

I am SO excited!  My motivation, among wanting to be at a goal weight, feeling and looking healthy, is standing up in one of my bestest friend's wedding in December of this year.

I am incredibly thankful for motivation today.  Whether it's mine or someone else's, it's positive either way.

I'm also so thankful and amazingly proud of my baby nephew - walking like a little man. I can't wait to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!