Friday, January 6, 2012

Little Giggles (2/365)

I am NOT a morning person... AT ALL.

I like to get up, turn on The Today Show, have a pot of coffee (yes, I said a pot), turn on the computer and have quiet time to myself to wake up.


This thing is... I have kids.  Young kids.


My (almost) 6 year old, Hannah, is like me. She likes to watch a little tv and chill before she actually has to DO something in the morning.  For this reason, I wake her up 30 minutes before she has to even think about getting ready for school.


My (almost) 3 year old, on the other hand, is a TOTAL morning person! She wakes up bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to tackle the day. She likes to get dressed right away, likes to get up and get going!

So today I was trying to do my thing, drink my coffee, check my emails and she is ALL OVER ME! She wants to play the Wii, wants to play a game on the computer, wants some juice.  I just want to wake up!  So, I pick her up and put her on my lap.  I figured I'd show her what's up on Facebook (as if she would be interested)!

Instead, I seized the moment.

We started tickling... and the belly laughs were free-flowing!

And we put our foreheads together and moved our heads from side to side, making our eyes move sideways.  She LOVES that!  We could not stop laughing!

Then she leaned in and put her nose to mine and gave me an eskimo kiss. And another. And another. 

And we laughed some more.

I love the giggles. The belly giggles, the little giggles, ALL the giggles.

Needless to say, my morning started off better than any coffee or computer could have kick started!

2 comments:

  1. children's laughter is the most innocent and pure thing in life. May we encourage and cherish every single one! Great post my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Anytime I spend time with you I always tell Jake all the cute things you do with the girls. Such a great post.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!