Monday, January 16, 2012

Dancy Pants (9/365)

So... today is Monday, and this post is from Friday.  Luckily, I can jot down blog ideas and drafts in my phone using the Blogger App.  It's pretty much a lifesaver since I've committed to blogging once per day for a year - yikes!

Today was a fun day. A SNOW DAY!  Hannah didn't have school since we got our first nasty-road snowfall.  So, what did us girls do?

WE DANCED!!

And we cleaned a little, but I have little girls, so they Looooooove to help me clean.

Over Christmas, we bought Just Dance 3 for our Wii.  We had played it a couple of times at a friend's house and Hannah is AWESOME! Ava can also try to keep up, and if nothing else, just shake her remote to give her a good score!

The girls play this game everyday.  Every. Day. As soon as Hannah gets out of school, she turns on the Wii.  I'm not that mom to just let my kids have a free-for-all with the video games, but c'mon! We're dancing!

We each took turns and danced and taught each other the lessons that you can't win or be the best EVERYTIME - especially when people are different ages and sizes and skill levels. My youngest HATES to lose.  She usually does though because she's the smallest and least experienced.  So, we just make it fun and compliment each other's good moves.

Then 2:30 rolled around and it was time to go to Bumpa and Gwi Gwi's for the weekend.  My parents live an hour away and my girls have always had an amazingly close relationship with them, so every so often, the girls go to their house for a weekend visit.

After I dropped them off with Bumpa, I headed home to get ready for my double date with my hubby (whom I haven't seen all week), and my very very good friend and her fiance.

We went to dinner and visited a while, then headed back to our house for a night cap.  Well, in addition to the nightcap, we started playing Just Dance 3!  We started a tournament of boys vs. girls, 5 songs.

Well, us girls thought for SURE we would win.  After all, we're girls and we naturally just know how to dance better than boys, right?!

The boys were KILLING us at first. We were down over 6,000 points.  So, we then danced Katy Perry's California Girls and between the two of us, we got 9 STARS!!  Over 18,000 points!  You'd think that we'd have it in the bag at that point, but after the next two songs, which the boys picked, we lost by just over 1,000 points.

The best part was catching the boys dance on video (which I'll save for blackmail at some point) and having an amazingly fun time with just my hubby and our friends.

I am incredibly thankful for really good friends (the lifelong kind), and the fact that I can be myself around them without worrying about how I look, especially how I dance...

BEST. TIME. EVER.

Our friends stayed for breakfast... and no, we didn't rematch in the morning!

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!