Thursday, January 26, 2012

Never Let Me Down (22/366)

Thursday January 26, 2012

I've never had a sister - a full blood, all mine sister.  I've always wanted one. 

I have a step sister who was not a part of my life until a few years ago, and we are just now getting close.  She just recently got married and she and I are carving time out to talk on the phone and have coffee together when we can.  I look forward to having her in my life from now on.

I was blessed with 2 brothers.  2 brothers that would someday marry. My sisters.

We live kinda close to each other. Not states apart, but sometimes you'd think we were a world apart. 

I can't believe how busy life gets, and how different our schedules are.  Before we all had children, we were free to do as we pleased.

My oldest brother married first, and his wife and I hit it off - and that's an understatement!  To top it off, my brother and my husband became "brothers" which is something my husband had never had.

My youngest brother married a couple of years ago. He spent the beginning of his adulthood in the Marine Corp. and finally found the love of his life.  She and I grew very close as he was finishing the last year of his reserve duty.

We all came from different backgrounds and life experiences.

We've had kids, and there are more on the way.

We've all had hardships - some we kept private, and some we talked about together.

We've had disagreements, hurt feelings, and distance.  We each have expectations of what we need in our relationship.  We haven't always communicated those expectations, but somehow manage to meet them or adjust.

We've had TREMENDOUS good times.  I can't say that enough.

All of that life experience has made us far apart at times. 

BUT...

I know that no matter what time it is, no matter what's going on, NO. MATTER. WHAT.

We will always be here for each other. I know they will never let me down. I know that I will never let them down.  It sounds so cliché, but it's true.

The fact that I've never had a true-blood sister doesn't matter. I have the next best thing, and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

I don't always tell them, in fact, I never do, that I love them. I love the wives that they are to my brothers, I love the mothers that they are to their children. 

Sometimes I struggle with life a little too much that I forget that they do too. 

I look forward to the years we have left to share in the good and the bad. I look forward to watching our children grow up together.  We might not see each other every week or every month, but when we do, all is well and good.

My sisters, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!