Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Cup Runneth Over (4/365)

We got some good news at the end of last week.

A letter came from school that said our Hannah is going to be named Student of the Month for December!  She, along with a few other students both in her grade and other grades in the school, was chosen as Student of the month for being an exceptional model student for that month's character trait: caring.

Of course I knew that Hannah is exceptional. From the minute she was born, she was exceptional!

She's the one that cried so exceptionally well! (See my first ever blog post Flashbacks to Losing It).

She said her first real word at 7-ish months old. She was putting sentences together by her first birthday.

She was crawling by 5 months, walking by 9 months, running by 10 months.

Everything she has ever touched turns to gold.

She is great at every sport she plays.

When she sings, she has a natural vibrato - at the AGE OF 5!  And she's in tune!

She is tenderhearted, loving, selfless (for the most part - after all, she's 5)!

She has needed discipline, like, a total of maybe 5 times ever in her life.

She minds well, she is sweet and oh my goodness does she LOVE her little sister!

So, of course, I'm not surprised that she is receiving Student of the Month for Caring.  As parents, we are so overjoyed at the smallest accomplishments for our children.  I don't know if this is big or small. It's probably HUGE in her world! In the big picture though, will she remember being Student of the Month in Kindergarten when she goes off to college?

Probably not.

But I will.

It's character traits like these that give us parents not only a sense of accomplishment, but immense pride!

I sent an email to all of Hannah's grandparents tonight letting them know that there is an assembly at school where Hannah will be presented with a certificate, a t-shirt and probably one of those cool bumper stickers for my car.  As I was typing the email, my eyes were welling up with tears.  I had to choke them back, and I actually felt a little silly.  I will be THAT MOM that cries at this assembly.

And the next one.

And the next one.

And prom. And... And...

But I'm okay with that.

My beautiful, talented, smart, amazing daughter is growing up so fast! I am so proud of her every day smaller accomplishments as well as the bigger accomplishments!  I've always said that I couldn't have designed better children in my dreams.

God gave me the perfect children... for me.

My cup runneth over.

  ...Go Green ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!