Thursday, January 5, 2012

Time (1/365)

Happy 2012!

This year I am going to try something that I've never done before. I have a friend, Meg Daniel, who runs a blog out of Colorado.  Last year, she vowed to write a new blog post every day for a year. She would write each day about something, or someone she is thankful for, or an event that happened on that day that touched her. I have been reading them faithfully... and you should too because they're touching, funny, honest and refreshing.  Here's a link to her blog - Adventures Out West.  She has more than 34,000 hits on her blog, and this September, she was published in an online community called Glass Heel. Glass Heel is an online community for professional women of all ages - it's a place to go to develop professionally, find networks of people to help you expand, as well as finding a great support system with other women that compliment you!

I've thought all year long what a fabulous idea this is. I told her just a couple of weeks ago that I was intending to do a similar theme for 2012.

I've been dreading it ever since... stressed about writing every day, finding the time, what if I don't have anything to write about, etc.

Then, today. Just 5 days past the offical start of the New Year, it dawned on me that I was putting way too much pressure on myself!!  So here goes...

I am going to write a new blog post for each day from today, for 365 days.  I'm not quite sure how "themed" they will be, but I can tell you that it will end on a positive note. Every time. Whether it be a blessing I received, something I'm thankful for, something funny that happened that day, it will be positive!  Some posts will be longer than others, some super short, and some might come 2 or 3 in a day (just in case I get sick or go on vacation, you know).  Today's is just below:

Time.

There are all different kinds of time.

Time outs, quiet time, drive time, bed time, dinner time, down time, snuggle time, GO time... you get it!

No matter the type of time, it's all good!  The good times, the bad times, they are all memories. And memories are learning experiences.  I'm only 30 years old, and I hopefully have a lot of time left to live, but I cherish every memory that I can recall. They've shaped me into the person I am today.

Today, I had a lot of free time. I've spent the beginning of the week cleaning the house after the New Year, and today was just a lazy day! I had a lot of time to think about some big decisions coming up in my life. I think I made some good choices...

So, for day 1, I'm thankful for time. Any kind of time. I try not to take it for granted. Sometimes, we wish it would go faster. Others, we wish it would stand still. Nonetheless, time is a gift. We need to cherish what and who we have with the time we have left.

I know I'm going to.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO happy to read this! And I would TOTALLY freak if I had to write something every day. That said, I think it's brilliant and I am THRILLED you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, I am happy it is YOU commiting to blog every day... because I just don't think I could handle that pressure!! Ha! But, I LOVE when you blog, and I LOVE reading your thoughts. So, YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!