Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Song (27/366)

Tuesday January 31, 2012

I have always been a musical person. I've always loved to sing. When I was little, I used to sing in church on Sundays for special music. I took voice lessons for a minute, but I could never overcome my shyness and let it all out!  I especially liked duets because I could "hide" behind my partner if I needed to.

Music has always been a HUGE part of my life. 

When I was a super little girl, I loved the Silly Songs album - I think it came with a coloring book too. I would listen to it on my Walkman in the car, but sometimes I'd make everyone else listen to it too. Over. And over. And over.

As I got older, I picked music to match my mood. Or sometimes my mood would change with the music I was listening to.

Music brings friends together - parties, car rides, beach days.

Music brings lovers together - wedding songs, first dance, summer romance.  On my first date with my husband (blind date, might I add), he sang karaoke - and I was hooked!

Music can empower me to overcome hard times.  It can explain a difficult situation better than my own emotions can.

It also puts me in the mood to clean on certain days. Ha!

I have a "go-to" song that I can always depend on to put me in a great mood, no matter what's going on!

Picture yourself in your car, windows down, bright sun shining through... what do we do? CRANK THE RADIO!!  It's like every song that comes on was meant to describe that gorgeous day!

I have seen that my daughters are taking after me in my love for music. They are both taking dance lessons, they have rhythm, and they pick up lyrics after hearing a song only one time!

Music can reach people when nothing else can. It reaches me. I love to crank my iPod and run my tooshie off on the treadmill. I love a good live band on the weekend.

Today, with the sun shining and the snow melting, I decided to have a music day. And it has completely changed my outlook of the day.

Music makes the world go 'round. It can turn a bad day around, and make a good day great.

What's your song today?

1 comment:

  1. You should recommend some music for me to listen to on my pandora or check out. I'm in a music rut right now.

    And you and I are both P!nk fans. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!