Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Pact (6/365)

Today I made a pact with a friend.  Most of it was over Facebook, just commenting back & forth.

The other part, the real part, was in a phone call with her later this evening.

Last year, I had a goal to lose 25 pounds by my 30th birthday.  I started in January, and by April 9th, I had lost 30 pounds!  Throughout the rest of the year, I lost another 5-7 (it fluctuates), and kept off the 30 pounds I had lost earlier.

Of course, this is all baby weight. And we can talk baby weight all we want, but let's be real.  When I say baby weight, I mean, for both of my pregnancies, I ate what I wanted, didn't exercise, and I had two girls, so the sugar cravings were GINORMOUS!!

I totally did it to myself.  I'm being very honest here when I tell you that I gained 65 pounds with my first pregnancy.  Of which, I lost 20 lbs in the two years in-between pregnancies.  With my second, I gained another 60 pounds.  And I thought I was doing great! By the 5th month of that second pregnancy, I had only gained 9 pounds!  But come Thanksgiving and Christmas and all the food and the winter months, I gained A LOT in those last 4-ish months.  If you do the math, that means from pre-pregnancy to just after my second was born, I was over 100 pounds heavier than ever.  EVER.

Mortifying.

I lost 35 of those pounds pretty much right away after having my second baby.

And that's where it stopped.  My baby is almost 3 years old.  I have allowed life to take over me!

Last year, I said enough was enough.  I worked out every day of the week but one.  I was burning over 1,000 calories each day.  And it worked!  So, I'm down 70-ish pounds and have 30 more to go.  Wow!  I just read that back and I've never actually thought about how much weight that is!!

But when April came last year, I had my 30th birthday and right after that... SUMMER!

Who wants to work out in the summer??  Not this girl!

I know how to lost weight.  Calories in vs. Calories out.  It will be that same way until the end of time. 

So, getting on with it, today I made a pact.  I posted on Facebook, "Someone please give me a start date and hold me accountable!! Ahhhhh!"

Well, someone took me up on that and now I have to follow through with it!  I meant what I said, I just have ZERO motivation.  Zero.

So when my friend called me tonight just to vent about how she thinks she looks (she is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L) and areas that she wants to work on and reasons why she needs a buddy... I knew I was hooked.

I am very grateful for the phone call, the shout out on Facebook and the encouraging words that she shares with me every time we meet.

I am looking forward to getting my life back.  It's more than just a few vanity (baby) pounds, it's a state of mind. It's overcoming so many things by feeling good about myself.  It's choosing good habits and making good choices - and having a great time doing it!

So, thank you, Friend for the call.

We're gonna do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!