Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Cleanup (68/366)

Sunday March 11, 2012

Yesterday I wrote about our friends who had a VERY rough day, putting it mildly.  I won't be sharing many details here because it is not my story to tell.  But I can say that today we are all praising God that no one was seriously hurt, and that things can be replaced.

And now they begin the cleanup.

After the initial shock, once everything settles and the adrenaline stops, reality hits.

My heart still aches for our friends.  The road ahead is long and uncertain.

Matt and I stopped over today to see if there was anything we could do in the aftermath of everything.  Of course, there wasn't much.

Sometimes when tragedy strikes, we wonder which way is up.  We don't know night from day, or what hour it is.

The way up is, well, up. Look to the heavens and pray.  Give thanks in our hour of need.  This seems an impossible task, but God never gives us more than we can handle.  And if we weren't meant to make it through, He would take us home.

I've found that giving thanks when I feel I have nothing but complaints to bring to Him is healing in itself.  It's like praying for our enemies.  Why would we do that?

How can you stay in un-forgiveness if you're praying for a person?  If your heart is truly praying for blessing and softening of your enemy's heart, your heart will start to change too.

Matt and I are continuing to pray for all of our friends involved in this weekend's events. There is much to be done to pick up the pieces, all the while life is continuing on at an ever quickening pace.

Today I am thankful for the power of prayer.  I know it can be felt, and I know it heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!