Monday, March 5, 2012

Toothfairy, WHAT? (62/366)

Monday March 5, 2012

Hannah lost her tooth 3 days ago... she still hasn't collected her money under her pillow.  She has completely forgotten that it's there.

I am debating on whether or not to tell her that she forgot, or see how long she goes until she finally remembers.

That's cold hard cash there. 

When I was little, I could barely stand the anticipation waiting to see what I got for my tooth.

It was like a mini-Christmas morning.  Super mini, but exciting nonetheless.

She hasn't mentioned it, hasn't asked about it and she hasn't come out to show me what she got (even though obviously I already know).

We decided that the very first tooth for each of our daughters will be worth $5.  Each tooth after that will be worth only $1. 

The first one is so special!

Or, at least it is to the rest of the family.

Maybe the excitement has worn off for her?  Maybe she doesn't feel well (she seems fine).

We will see what transpires this evening as she's getting into bed and it just happens to fall out from under her pillow when I lean over to give her a big bear hug as I do every night.

I am thankful for "forgotten surprises".  You know the kind that you know are going to happen, but you kinda get preoccupied and "forget"?  It's like you never knew in the first place when they're revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!