Monday, March 5, 2012

Doctor, Doctor! (61/366)

Sunday March 4, 2012

It is Monday morning as I write the top and bottom portions of this post.  I wrote the body on my phone and I don't like to publish from the Blogger app , so I'm just going to write it now and publish later.

Here's yesterday's post...

**********************************************************************************************************

Today my husband seems off.

Just, off.

He's slightly grumpy, for seemingly no reason.

I hate days like this.  We all have them, though.

So, I'm just giving him his space.

I don't think he feels well.

You know when guys get sick?  It's like having a newborn again.

In the very least, it's like having another kid in the house.

And what is it with guys not wanting to go to the doctor?  I'm not criticizing, just asking.

When Hannah gets sick, it can usually run its course.  She had every disease as a baby that required an antibiotic.  Now, as a child, she gets a cold once or maybe twice a year. It runs its course and she's good to go.

When Ava and I get sick, it goes straight to our lungs.  We end up on the nebulizer, antibiotics, prednisone, the whole 9 yards.  When we get "the sniffle", we're at the doctor's doorstep.

So, when I think my husband is getting sick, I know he won't go to the doctor, and I know he won't take a sick day off of work.  If he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid.  It's as simple as that.  He would rather put in his 8 or 9 hours that day and go to bed at 4:30 in the afternoon than take time off of work for being sick.

When I know he's sick, I usually make chicken noodle soup from scratch.  There's nothing like a hot bowl of homemade chicken soup to soothe a nasty cold or the flu.

So, today I am thankful for my health.  I'm thankful that I'm well enough to take care of my family when they're sick.  It's no fun for anyone, but at least we have each other to help us through.  No one likes being sick, whether you have to work through it, or you're able to stay home and rest all day.  It feels good to be needed, and to see the result when they're healthy again.

**********************************************************************************************************

Monday afternoon update: HE SICK.  This morning as he got up to go to work, he went bathroom to bathroom getting sick to his stomach.  When I spoke with him this afternoon after work, he said he felt like he was dying and he was concerned that maybe he should go to the hospital.

It's bad enough that he said if he doesn't feel better before work tomorrow, he's staying home.  THAT'S BAD.  I'm worried about him, but have the ingredients for chicken soup ready to go.

I'm also got the disinfectants on hand, and will follow him through the house cleaning as he goes.

Please pray for healing for my husband.  I feel really badly when he is sick like this, and it doesn't happen often.  But if he's worried, so am I because he's the toughest man I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!