Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lotion Heals Everything (65/366)

Thursday March 8, 2012

Have you ever seen the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding?  It's hilarious - if you haven't seen it you should. 

In the movie, the lead actress' father believes that Windex heals everything.

I mean everything.

The morning of their wedding, both the bride and the groom wake up with zits on their faces.  When the groom notices his bride's zit, he says that he woke up with one that morning too.  When she asked him where it was, he said it was gone.  He had put Windex on it the night before!  (He originally thought his soon-to-be father in law was nuts)!

This reminds me of Ava - she thinks that Gold Bond lotion can heal anything.

Tonight, her big sister accidentally hit her in the upper lip with the head of a Cabbage Patch Doll.  It left a mark that looks similar to a mosquito bite.  No blood or anything.  And no tears - just sweet little watery eyes.

But she didn't want an ice pack.  She wanted some lotion.  At first, I thought she wanted some of her Bath & Body Works lotion to put on before bed.  When I brought her some, she told me she wanted the white lotion.

So, I brought in our honkin' huge bottle of Gold Bond and sure enough, she put some on her finger and started rubbing her boo boo!
As I tucked her in, she says, "Ahhh! That feels betta Mama"!

I'm trying not to laugh as I kiss her little forehead goodnight.  The sweet things they say and think...

Tonight I'm thankful for the miracle of lotion - it can cure any ailment, according to my 3 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!