Monday, March 5, 2012

The Night She DID Lose The Tooth (59/366)

Friday March 2, 2012

Today marks a very special day for us... it's my baby's birthday!

She is 3 years old today.

We are tightening our seatbelts for the wild ride ahead!

Today was also the day my oldest pulled out her first tooth...

All. By. Herself.

Remember just 8 days ago I was describing how I was pulling and pushing and prodding to get that thing out?  (Read that post here).

At the end of the post, I stated that I am thankful to be here with my kids for their firsts.

I wasn't there when she lost her tooth.

It happened at my mom's house.

The girls went for a visit and to celebrate Ava's birthday.  Around 8:30 pm that night I got this picture sent to me via text:












I called almost immediately. My heart sank as I looked at the photo and immediately realized what happened.  I was SO bummed that I missed it! 

I needed to hear every detail.  There weren't many details to give.

She was SO excited!  She was just playing with it, wiggling away, and she pulled it straight out!

In the picture above you can't see the empty spot in her mouth, but you can in this one:



 FINALLY!!

Seeing as this was our first ever tooth loss in the family, I asked Hannah what she wants from the Tooth Fairy... just to see what she'd say.

Her response, "Mom! There's no such thing as the tooth fairy!  I know it's you and Daddy.  And I want $5!"

Whoa!

So, today I'm thankful for the baby tooth that finally fell out.  Although, the little girl that lost it is not so much a baby herself anymore.

Another notch tighter on that seatbelt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!