Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cobwebs (70/366)

Tuesday March 13, 2012

Spring cleaning has commenced.

I have been dusting off the ledges, doorways and windowsills, washing drapes, and ironing them to put them back.

Washing screens, windows and walls isn't exactly my favorite thing to do, but when it's done, I feel free to do other things.

Most of the late spring and early summer I can be found either in my garden or my landscaping beds.  I love getting my hands in the dirt, seeing everything cleared off and renewed.

I love seeing which flowers will bloom this year.  Last fall, I planted over 250 bulbs of flowers I've never had before.  We re-graded our front yard and I was given a LOT more space to plant and play.

We did a lot of work to get everything ready for this spring... and it's here.

Inside the house, this is the time of year to really do a deep, deep clean.  To dust off the cobwebs of winter, open the windows and let the stagnant air out.

We have so many projects we've either started and couldn't finish until now, or those we haven't started yet.

But those wait until the inside is done.

It's nice to see how clean and new the house looks.  No one that comes over on occasion would ever see the little things.  But we who live here see them, and it's time they go!

Much like ourselves, sometimes we get stuck in the "winter rut".  I don't know if it's weather related (S.A.D.D disorder or something), or if it's just human nature that we need sunshine and fresh, clean air to keep us feeling good.  Either way, there comes a time when we need to dust off the cobwebs of the ditch we're in and pull ourselves back out.  We need to get the inside cleared out before the outer layers can be touched.

Today, I'm thankful for the cobwebs that give me perspective.  Without them, I'd be living in a dream.  Reality is harsh sometimes, but when we're all cleaned up and shining, we find a new reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!