Monday, March 19, 2012

Quiet Family Night (73/366)

Friday March 16, 2012

At the close of last weekend, it was requested by my husband that I make NO plans for this weekend.

So I didn't.

We have a birthday party tomorrow night for my nephew - who turned 1 year old (Happy Birthday Levi), but other than that, we are free.

So, when he got home from work tonight, the first words out of his mouth were, "So, what are we doing tonight?"

Really?  (Insert sarcasm)

I screechily reminded him that he specifically told me NOT to make any plans for this weekend.

His response? "Oh.  That sounds good."

Seriously?  (More sarcasm)

So, we planned a nice evening with the kids, and went to my in-law's for grilled burgers and SUMMER food!

Michigan State played tonight, and we HAD to stay up to watch that!  (They won - WOOT)!

When we got home, we played two games with the kids - Go Fish and Candyland.

Because I didn't play enough Candyland as a little girl myself.

Ava won both games - really.  She did.

It was a fantastic evening.

Tonight I'm thankful for NO PLANS. 

We should do that more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!