Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Shout Out (84/366)

Tuesday March 27, 2012

After yesterday's post (not posted until today, but the one titled Fork In The Road) I feel a need to explain just a bit why I made the decision to change the subject matter of the blog.

I am following a blog called Single Dad Laughing (check it out here).  I read his posts everyday and I think he is very real, very raw (sometimes too raw), and very honest.  These are qualities I am looking to have more of in my own writings.

Since I started following his blog, I've become a little more comfortable in my own skin.  He's just a guy that was going through a rough time in his life, and he started a blog.  He didn't really know where it was going to go, but it has reached thousands - and touched hundreds of thousands.

In reading his posts, I've gained confidence to write and speak about what's important to me - the failures, the embarassing moments, the raw life experience I've had.

The other blogs I follow are too many to list, but one of the most important is written by my friend (and neighbor) Denise.  You can check hers out here.  Her latest post about seeing the movie The Hunger Games with her oldest son, and the teachable moments that came from it is inspiring.

Denise is real.  She is raw.  She is honest.  But differently so.

She and I could not be more different (we do have many things in common, I'm overexaggerating) ~ with the exception of one major thing: our faith.

Most posts, Denise ties her life experience of raising four boys in with her faith and how our relationship with God is so similar to our relationship and experiences as parents.  I wish I were a little better in that area.  I really really do.

Denise shows humor, honesty, humility and just great fun in her posts.  I enjoy reading them when she publishes.  I admire her courage to write about parenting the way she does.  If I could be half the mom she is...

So these two blogs, mostly, have pushed me over the edge to go back to writing about the things that are hard to read, or talk about, or acknowledge.

It's difficult, and I'm scared. 

The end goal: to provide healing, help, advice and plain 'ol entertainment to my readers!

I'm thankful for the inspiration I have received from others.  And let's not forget Meg, who got me started on this journey of everyday blogging - It's all YOUR fault!!!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. You have girls and I have boys...but I think you ROCK as a mom!!!! Totally. And I'll tell you again, I am so proud of you for your blogging. And I am literally just across the field so we can talk anytime....okay, harder done than said, but, I'm here for you and one of your biggest cheerleaders. Really, you are an AMAZING mom!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!