Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Little Extra Oomph! (78/366)

Wednesday March 21, 2012

I really hope that's today's date.  I honestly have no idea what the date is.

Today was somethin' else.  Yesterday was somethin' else.  Monday was the start of this "somethin' else" week.

I'm beat.

I got up extra early and got Hannah off to school.  I made sure I had ample time to drink at least one pot of coffee before I began my "chores".

I wanted to get an early start - they were calling for a high of 87 degrees today.

The good thing about 87 degrees in March is that there is NO HUMIDITY.

It was PERFECT.

So I decided ahead of time that Ava could help me with my chores and skip her nap... as long as she stayed happy.

I power-washed the exposed aggregate front porch, the front door, garage doors and front walkway.  Ava dug holes in my landscaping beds.

I took all of the screens out of our windows, washed them and let them dry in the sun.  Ava ate 2 popsicles and watched me.

I took all of the curtains off of the windows and washed them too.  Ava ate lunch.

I washed all of the girls' summer toys - all of the beach toys, the bikes, the trikes, the picnic table, anything I could find.  Ava helped with this - and she had a blast.

We went to the dollar store up the road looking for cool-shaped sidwalk chalk, since hers had recently gotten run over in the driveway.  They didn't have any, but we found new floaties and inflatable rings that will get a lot of use this summer.

I buried a trellis for my clematis.  It's actually the ladder and support beams from an old swingset we had... I used a rubber mallot to bury it.  My clematis are happy now.

That really might not sound like that much, but with a 3 year old on your shirttails, it is.  I refused to let her sit inside all day.  I insisted that she come out with me.  We went flower hunting, we got the leaf blower out and made a big leaf pile, you name it.  Multiple interruptions, but we made it super fun!

At this point, it was almost time for Hannah to get off the bus.  So, I cleaned everything up and prepared to get in the shower.  I started hearing this soft "BANG" (if there is such a thing) on what I thought was one of the living room windows.  It sounded like a June Bug that kept flying into the glass.

Turns out it was Daddy, rapping on the front glass door trying to get Ava's attention - she was SUPER GLUED to the TV.  Totally zoned out, exhausted from the day.

Well, Daddy gave us some good news - that he will be home more often for the next 3 weeks.  Yay!  Us girls were SO happy to hear that!

We ended the night with an awesome spaghetti dinner at my dad's house (the girls' favorite).  I think my last kid was still up 20 minutes ago ~ it's one of those nights that they are finding EVERY reason in the whole wide world to get out of bed.  Most are because they just want ONE more hug or kiss.  It's hard to say no to that, or even get upset!

Tomorrow's to-do list is to wash the windows and trim so I can put the screens back on, iron the curtains and wash the rods, laundry, bathrooms (again), floors (again) and vacuum.  It's supposed to rain, and I hope and pray that it does so I can stay inside and work all day...  Plus, that cute little boy is coming back over to play for a while - he and Ava can clean the playroom (totally kidding)!

Tonight, I'm thankful for the amazing rush of energy and ambition I have had the last 3 days.  It has been a long long time since I have had this much gumption, and it feels really good.

My workout will be in FULL GEAR starting Monday.  It just feels right, finally.

And I'm just gonna go with it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!