Tuesday, February 28, 2012

All That Glitters (54/366)

Sunday February 27, 2012

So, today was the Disney Live show.

I blogged about it back in January.

I was nervous on so many levels.

Nervous about the cost.

Nervous about the timing of getting two little girls and myself extra beautiful for the day.

Nervous if I'd have enough cash on me.

Nervous about the crowds.

Nervous about bringing a (almost) 3 year old to a venue that large...

You get the picture!

Well... we HAD. A. BLAST.

I planned the day perfectly. I even had time enough in the morning to have a few cups of coffee and relax with my hubby before we all got ready.

The girls got ready first.  Part of their gift was new dresses to wear.  Hannah had a light pink flowy dress embellished with sequins.

Ava had a light blue/teal dress embellished with... glitter.

Ava's dress graced just about every room of our house that morning, and every piece of furniture.

There was glitter E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E

We left early to meet our friends and took a few pictures...




We all carpooled together (my friend's van was now covered in glitter), and got in early to wander and buy our souvenirs.

*We ate before we left the house.
*I bought one souvenir per daughter (sorta).  Hannah and Ava each got one souvenir, and I snuck back later during intermission and bought just the cup that the $12 snowcones come in, so Ava could have a cool princess cup at home like Hannah does...  I hid it until we got home, and served chocolate milk in their princess cups for a suprise.
*I did buy the program, but I had to - it's a really great memory piece for the girls to look back on.
*Although we ate before we went, we still bought a big bag of popcorn, hot pretzels and a soda to share.  My girlfriend bought the candy for the girls to share.  So much for not eating there...

The lines for the women's bathroom weren't horrifying.  Definitely tolerable.  Ava had me get up with her only 3 times (twice during the show, once during intermission) to go potty.  She didn't have to go when we got there, but I praised her saying I was proud that she didn't pee in her dress...  Really just trying to calm myself. Everytime I sat down and got comfortable, she had to go!  Such is life when you're potty training!

The show was only 90-ish minutes long.  A little disappointing.  I wish the stories had been a little longer, but I suppose any greater length of time and my napless 3 year old would have unraveled.

The day was a success.  Aside from a lost debit card (that was later found), a spilled soda (it was full) and a couple of near panic moments, we had a great time.

I am thankful for these memories...



And these...

And these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!