Thursday, February 9, 2012

It Never Hurts (37/366)

Thursday February 9, 2012

This is the first post I'm publishing from the Blogger app on my phone so I hope it turns out ok...


Lately, I've learned a lot about myself. I've learned most of all just how much more I have to learn.


Don't get me wrong, I never thought I knew it all. To the contrary, I've been feeling as though I know NOTHING lately. I'm frantically trying to cram all of the answers into my already overloaded brain.


This week I've felt like throwing my hands up and throwing in the towel! My to-do list is infinite, my kids are running the house and my mind, my family appears to be in crisis, I'm forgetting dates and commitments, and on and on.


I'm sure most of you have been there and can relate...


Of course, it never hurts to get a little perspective. It never hurts to stop, NOT think for a minute and let my mind clear and be free of MY problems that seem so mountainous.


Seem is the operative word.


And they are huge to me, they are all-consuming at times. But with a clear head, I realize some things.


I am healthy, and I have friends that are hurting.


My marriage and family are strong, and there are other relationships around me that are close to crumbling.


My kids and my mind have eluded me, yet others have just had newborns that I should be celebrating.


So, I've been learning to stop, LISTEN, and try something new and "outta the box".


It never hurts to try something new, something you're completely uncomfortable with, something you just aren't sure you can muster up the courage to do.


There is profound peace in stopping in the midst of chaos, whether it's right there in the room or the war in your mind.


Take 10 minutes, stop thinking. No noise, no phones, no tv's, kids, pets.


In that 10 minutes, you will hear CLARITY. And right behind the clarity will be the PEACE that we need in order to go on and make better decisions.


The lists seem shorter, and less significant, the kids seem happier, and everything else seems so much further away.


This is a new process for me but I can tell you it works!


And hey, it will definitely never hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, huge hugs to you too!

    And I have coffee here too. ;)

    We may end up being each other's therapists. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!