Thursday, February 2, 2012

Moving Up (29/366)

Thursday February 2, 2012

Today was full of pleasant surprises.

This morning at 8:45 am, one of my workout partners came over to tackle the morning workout.  We rocked it!  Of course, when you rock a workout, you also feel like jello afterward.  Pleasant? No! But the reward is worth the hard work.

Shortly after she left, a neighbor came over to see if she could borrow our trailer to haul some hay later in the afternoon. While she was here, she asked if we would sell our truck to her.  We are going to start looking for a new truck, but not until spring.  So, she told us to come up with an offer and present it to her.  Whether or not she decides to buy it, I was still pleasantly surprised!  How cool would that be??

Ava and I went about our day, getting ready to take Hannah to dance class after school.

We got to dance class and while we were waiting for Hannah's class to conclude, I got a phonecall from Hannah's T-Ball coaches from last summer.  They are coaching again, but are moving up to coach one of the pitching machine teams.  They have daughters that are in that skill group.  Age-wise, Hannah isn't "eligible" for the pitching machine for at least one more year.  They felt that Hannah was ready for the pitching machine.  They also went on to say that Hannah was hitting pitched balls last year at practices, and felt she would do great with the pitching machine!

I told them that I'd have to ask Hannah if she felt she was ready (which of course she is) and signups are on Saturday.

So, I will sign her up for the pitching machine, and I also told the coaches that I would volunteer to help coach the team this year as well!  I've never coached before, but I'm looking forward to it - it helps me to come out of my comfort zone as well.

I played softball in High School.

Today, I play softball in the summer.

It's another passion of mine that I absolutely love.  I'm so proud of Hannah's skill set and her willingness to try new things - even though they're new and a little scary.  It is a great opportunity to develop her self-esteem.

With practice and patience, she will do great!

And it's one more thing that we get to do together.

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooo excited you will be coaching. You will be a GREAT coach!!! :) That is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!