Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mama Needs A New Set Of Clubs! (50/366)

Wednesday February 22, 2012

I love to golf.  Every summer since 2007 Matt and I have golfed on a couple's league.

That first summer was something.  I had never golfed in my life.  So, just in case I didn't like it (or I was horrible at it), I borrowed my husband's golf clubs.

He's 5'11".

I'm 5'4".

Enough said.  His clubs were way too big for me!

But by the end of the first season, I had grown accustomed to lowering my hands on the grip and letting it rip!

My favorite driver - the 1 wood.

My favorite chipper - the 9 iron.

My favorite putter - any club handy that has a flat front, and just hit it soft.

Yeah.

So, the second year went much the same way. 

By the third year, after much insisting from my husband that I needed my own set of clubs (that fit), I went out and bought HIM a new set for Father's Day.

Now his old clubs were mine.  ALL MINE.

I still had to listen to him yip and yap about how they don't fit me, and the incessant droning about me using the wrong club to make certain shots!  I actually contributed to our golf score, so I didn't care!  I had thought it would be the perfect distraction from my misfit clubs - his shiny new bag and brand new sticks.

The fourth year, he went and bought me a new driver... just the driver, for Mother's Day.  WOW! What a difference that made!! 

Last year, I shot my driver, the 1 wood from the fairway, I learned how to properly use the 9 iron, a chipper, a wedge, and I also inherited Matt's old putter.

Seventh Heaven.

Well, I got an email from a place called Budget Golf, where I had ordered a pair of golf shoes a few years back.  Right now, they're having a closeout sale.

My birthday is coming up.

So is golf season.

Apparently I have spring fever.  And a little extra Christmas Money left in my wallet.

So I bought a new set of golf clubs - FOR ME.  On closeout of course.  With free shipping.

And I'll surprise Matt with them...

I'm thankful for closeout sales - and retail therapy.  I had the extra money to buy them - it was set aside for me to "spoil myself with". 

I hope he's happy now.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!