Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pick-Up Day (47/366)

Sunday February 19, 2012

Today is pick-up day.

First, we picked up a bunch of things at the mall.

As long as I've been with him, my husband has never owned a proper winter coat. 

Seriously.  We live in Michigan...

So, we picked up a really nice new winter jacket for him, along with a couple of casual coats and a new work coat.

I think he's set.

Then, we picked up some new princess dresses for the girls' birthdays.  This coming Sunday is the Disney Live show and I wanted the girls to have new beautiful dresses to wear so they feel, well, Princess-y.

Next, we picked up the girls at my mom's house.  Man! After not seeing them for 48 hours, they looked HUGE!  It seemed as though they had grown a TON since we last saw them on Friday.

We all hopped in the car and made a stop to my friend's house just around the corner.  My kids and their kids played for a while and we checked out their new house.  I'm sure they had some picking up to do when we left!!

When we got home, it was a free-for-all!  Wrestling, tickling, board games, the WORKS.

And after the girls went to bed, I had some more picking up to do.  The toys, the blankets, the clothes, the games, the dishes...

The signs of a great reunion!

Today I'm thankful for my kids.  When they're gone, I miss them terribly, and when they're back, I appreciate them so much more!  (Even the messes...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!