Monday, February 6, 2012

A Warm Body (30/366)

Friday February 3, 2012

It's been a long week.

My youngest daughter Ava is going through the "terrible two-almost three's" and it is exhausting! 

Every other word out of her mouth is "NO!", and everything makes her cry, and she only has one pitch in her voice... WHINING.

Being a "single" parent is hard (again, when the mood is just right I'll explain that one someday), and some days are much harder than others.

At the end of the day, there's a little solace. 

It's quiet.

It's dark.

And with the kids fast asleep, there's a companion - Daddy. Finally.

A warm body to snuggle on the couch, warm arms to snuggle as our eyes close to sleep.

I'm thankful for my husband, who keeps me safe... and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!