Monday, February 27, 2012

The Calm... After The Storm (52/366)

Friday February 24, 2012

Well, last night's snow storm was less than impressive to say the least.

I brought enough wood in the house to last the weekend.

We were expecting 10-12 inches of snow.

We got about 3 inches.

Hannah had a snow day anyway.

I will say this, for a snow day, we couldn't have had a better day!

In the morning, the girls played quietly on their handhelds, and read each other books (I hardly knew they were here).  When noon rolled around, we ate lunch and headed outside.

The girls built a snowman, and I shoveled the driveway.

A beef roast cooked in the crockpot all day and we had beef roast, rosemary baked potatoes and steamed carrots for dinner.

It was the perfect ending to a snowstorm.

Today, I'm thankful that we didn't get 12 inches of snow... that my husband would have had to drive home in.

If only every snowstorm could be this much of a... letdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!