Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Long Winter's Nap (46/366)

Saturday February 18, 2012

Today, I slept until 2:00 pm.

2:00 PM.

I didn't feel a bit guilty about it either!

The house was clean, Matt was being quiet, doing his own thing.

I received a text message that actually woke me up.  It was from my mom letting me know that Ava woke up that morning with a dry pull-up.  Of course, I wrote back my excitement and that prompted a call from Ava.

She talked to both her daddy and me - and we praised and praised her!

She said she misses us, and of course, hearing her sweet little voice on the other end of the line made her seem soooo far away!

We set the arrangements for the morning pick up and hung up.

I suddenly felt empty inside - and realized the house was TOO quiet at that point.  But I knew I had one more day to make the most of the free time I had left.

Today I'm thankful for the sweet little victories of my 3 year old - she was SO proud of herself!

And I'm still thankful for the silence... it won't last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!