Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Much Better Day (36/366)

Wedneday February 8, 2012

In addition to yesterday's post I Think I'll Join the Kids, I realize that I didn't end that post with any thanksgiving. Nowhere in the post did I speak of what I am thankful for in that difficult situation - and this contradicts my promise that I made to write at least once per day for a whole year, with thankful undertones.  So, to that, I say that I am INCREDIBLY thankful for my daughter - no matter what we're going through.  I wouldn't trade her for anything, and I'll always seek help when I feel cornered. I would never want to do anything that would compound the situation or make it worse.  As I did yesterday, sometimes all we need to do is take a step back from a bad day, analyze it, and ask for others' opinions and input.  It can really put something like that into perspective, and make it seem not so critical.  So... on to today's post.

********************************************************************************************************

Today was a MUCH better day.

I got up early.

I had my coffee.

I watched something other than Nick Jr. or The Disney Channel.

I woke Hannah up for school, at which time Ava thought it appropriate to wake as well. 

My first thought, "Oh, great. Bright & early... Here we go".

But I got nothin'.

Nothin' but smiles, pleases, thank you's and other pleasantries.

She was patient, kind and HAPPY!

We hung out together, played a little bit, got dressed.

Then we went shopping with my mother-in-law.

We were gone from 11:00 am and didn't get home until 4:30 in the afternoon.

This means she skipped her nap - and she did GREAT!  All through boring shopping for bedding and scented soaps, a late lunch - she was a trooper!

I received such awesome feedback from you all after yesterday's post - I can't thank you enough!  I realize we're NOT BY ANY MEANS all better or out of the woods, but it was a good day after World War III broke out in my house yesterday!

I am incredibly thankful for the amazing advice from everyone - I will use it!

I am also thankful for a new day.  Today was a new day. And a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!