Monday, February 6, 2012

Date Night (31/366)

Saturday February 4, 2012

Today, as my husband and I were playing around in the kitchen while making breakfast together, he turned to give me a hug.  He's very touchy-feely in the morning, which he only does because he KNOWS it annoys me!  He knows I like to be left alone...

As I gave in and melted into the hug, I started to cry.

He pulled away and took one look into my eyes and said, "Where are we going tonight and who can I call to babysit?"

So, late morning/early afternoon, my hubby went to visit his friend who had just come home from the hospital.  I called him to let him know that all of the arrangements for the evening had been made.  I just needed him to come home at some point in the evening...

He came home at 6:30 with our babysitters.

Woo Hoo!

He still had to shower and get ready (he had been gone for nearly 6 hours).  I think I was showered and ready by 2:00 in great anticipation of his return... just a little adult interaction, please!!

So, we went to dinner and then we hooked up with 2 of my favorite friends and their husbands.  We talked and belly laughed for a couple of hours! It was just what I needed!

The time flew by way too fast and before I knew it it was time to head home.

My husband took the babysitters home and we had a quiet evening thereafter.

I am incredibly thankful for a husband who can look into my sad eyes and just know I need a break. I'm thankful that he is willing to go with me - because he knows I do okay without him, but there's no one I'd rather have with me on a night out than him.

I am thankful for our babysitters who do a fantastic job with our girls.

And thankful for the much needed break - to clear my head, and reset the "Mommy Mind".

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooooo thankful he did this for you! Tell him thank you a zillion times over on behalf of me!!!!

    And I'll watch your two cuties anytime. Keep that in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment... It is quick and easy. Thanks for your feedback!